Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shannon's Birthday Celebration




Shannon's birthday was November 5th, but due to everyone's busy schedule, we celebrated it on Sunday, November 15th. I thought and thought about what to do. Should I cook? I really do not cook anymore, so I really do not enjoy it and not really very good at it. Should we go out to eat? That is so confining. I worried and wondered. Then it popped into my brain. Why not have a picnic at Overton Park, then go for a walk in the Old Forest? Perfect. I bought cheese, hummus, shrimp, turkey, fruit, and cupcakes for dessert. I had so much fun and I think the kids enjoyed it too.

7 comments:

Tabor said...

Smart move. I must remember to schedule a picnic in spring!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Perfect idea. I try and cook a couple of times a week. No fun cooking for one. But we need to stay healthy. You probably have good meals at the hospital!!

Wendy said...

What a brilliant idea! A picnic birthday! The children have lots of space to run around and the food is good, but you didn't have to cook!
Love your header! Happy birthday to Shannon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great birthday. I love picnics anytime. I used to have them in the house on the floor with my kids in winter. Your header is adorable. Have a good weekend.

jeanmac said...

Looks like a perfect day!

MsGraysea said...

Hi Beverly,
What a lovely way to celebrate Shannon's birthday. Being outside in nature allows everyone some room and also for freer conversation. Food sounds yummy, too!

Darlene said...

I have two November birthdays to help celebrate. My granddaughter's is November 7 and my son's is November 14. When my son was small we always had family picnics to celebrate. After he started school the party event took over.