Saturday, March 5, 2011

Forrest's Words


When I was trying to think of a name for my blog, I thought of Forrest, my youngest grandson. When he was about two years old, he really didn't have time to talk, he got by with pointing, or holding up his hands for you to pick him up. His mother would tell him to use his words.....so, my name for the blog was born. I wanted to use my words. So...skip ahead several years and I find that Forrest not knowingly uses his words, but, he is quite wise. All the while making us smile, even downright laugh....

Facebook has changed the way I stay connected with all my friends that I do not see often. I also hear the everyday, yet priceless things my grandchildren say. TMI alert. Forrest told his dad that diarrhea was just like regular pooping, just faster! That cracked me up. I had never made it anywhere near that simple....

The other night I ate breakfast for dinner at Kevin and Amy's. We were talking about Harry Potter. I mentioned that as Lily and I watched HP3, I noticed how the actor playing Hermione was growing and developing, if you get my drift. Lily noticed too, and leaned close to me and whispered "Hermione's got boobies"!!!!! I told her yes I noticed that too. Kevin and Amy were talking about how in the third movie, the actors wore teenager street clothes some instead of their robes.....All of a sudden Forrest proclaims, "Hey, why are people talking about a movie that a person is this room has not seen yet"? He sounded so much like his dad, who did not to hear about the books or movies he has not finished. I thought he definitely feels comfortable using his words now....

4 comments:

MsGraysea said...

I love those funny Forrestisms....so funny.
Your new header picture is so pretty and seeing the forsythia is a special gift....we'll be waiting awhile for it here.
So happy you are enjoying your new life!

Tabor said...

Sounds like he is going to be a wonderful friend in the years to come!

JeanMac said...

Smart little guy and he's so handsome.

Darlene said...

As Art Linkletter so famously said, "Kids say the darndest things."