Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Busy Friday

One of my friends had a party to watch The Royal Wedding. I almost didn't make it as I overslept. I came flying in the door just as she was walking into the Abbey. It was fun! Hearing everyone's commentary on the "goings on" was interesting. I could tell just from remembering my wedding(s), that Catherine needed a drink of whiskey, I mean water...



We had some wedding cake, too.



I wore a fascinator, too!


There was a Princess Bride or two there as well.


The attendees were spellbound....there was not a dry eye in the house...

Last night, I watched The Memphis Grizzlies beat The San Antonio Spurs and win the First Round of Western Conference.
I sat in my chair with my son and grandson, and my neice and nephew"s pictures on Facebook beside me, and cheered like a crazy person.... After the game as I was recapping it all in my mind, I seriously wondered if I will be recovered enough to watch them again tomorrow. I am going to have to rest up!

I could not forget as I went to bed, and said my prayers, to remember all those affected by the tornadoes in the South. I watch the news coverage with shock, as I think of how I was gathering in my safe place, for those same storms as they rolled through Memphis. The main part of the storm went just south of us, to head into Mississippi, Alabama, and on. I counted my blessings...

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Such a contrast that hits us in the immediacy of all the world's news...weddings and tornadoes.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Love your sharing.