Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trip Home

I took a little road trip to my hometown, Paris, TN the other day. It is only a few hours away, but, it seems pretty long at times. I used to drive up there all the time. I think my car knew the way and I did not have much to do but give it the gas. On the way home I sometimes feel like a horse running for the barn. I find myself going faster and faster. I think to myself, just get in from of this truck, then this truck....soon I catch up with the next group of trucks. Well you know. I was on one stretch of road where it curved to the right. I could see all the cars and trucks in front of me and I thought to myself, I in a convoy!!!

The trip home did wonders for my soul, my heart. My brother would bug me as only a brother can. Sis, why don't you try fruit tea? I don't like it, bro....oh, just try it...my sis-in-law would interject, SHE DOESN'T WANT IT, SHE WANTS PLAIN TEA! He would smile and say, oh....it is good! I DON'T CARE, I WANT PLAIN TEA!!!! you get my drift here, don't you? I actually love it....love the bro/sis dialogue. Makes me feel special!

We rode to Kentucky lake to see my neice's condo....A storm sneaked up on us just as we got to the condo. It was vicious looking, though not so bad as storms go.....




My cousin came over for dinner. We then all sat in the den and talked, talked and talked. I really needed that....just to reconnect in a way you cannot do with email.

I got to enjoy my brothers flowers and advice on how they bloom so nicely....



All in all, it warmed my heart.....

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Family are a nice respite...most of the time. Glad you could share with yours.

Shannon said...

glad you had a good time. we are always happy to host shelby when you visit paris.